High salt level

Jul 24, 2016
Fayetteville
Good afternoon!

Recently had to replace my liner, and made a super rookie mistake by overshooting my salt. It's reading 5,200 on my K1766. 15,000 gallon pool, everything else stable otherwise. Have been supplementing with liquid chlorine for now. I have a CaliMar SWG. I actually just looked at the label on the SWG, its says "Salt concentration-4500 ppm", then under that is says "Recommended range: 3,000 - 35,000 ppm". Not that I would ever take it to 30,000 ppm.... but does that mean high salt really doesn't have an adverse effect?

I was going to drain and refill some, but I might just let it ride at this point, should be okay right ?

That is probably a typo. the Range would be 3000 ppm to 3500ppm. 35,000ppm would be equal to salinity of the ocean.
You would need to drain water and replace - probably best to do a water exchange to protect the liner from wrinkling.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.