High pressure warning

Wembleypoole

May 8, 2023
Vancouver
I just got a new intelliflow vsp installed and some new piping. The guy put a lot more bends and pipe in the system it seems. The pump I had before was an old single speed and the pressure was always about 15psi. Now the new pump keeps hitting its internal 30psi pressure limit and reducing its speed to what seems slower than before. Could it be all the extra bends? I’ve backwashed my filter but think it’s at the end of its life and was wondering if maybe that is the issue too. Any thoughts appreciated. Cheers

I just got a new intelliflow vsp installed and some new piping. The guy put a lot more bends and pipe in the system it seems. The pump I had before was an old single speed and the pressure was always about 15psi. Now the new pump keeps hitting its internal 30psi pressure limit and reducing its speed to what seems slower than before. Could it be all the extra bends? I’ve backwashed my filter but think it’s at the end of its life and was wondering if maybe that is the issue too. Any thoughts appreciated. Cheers
What’s the horsepower difference between old and new pump? It could just be that difference.

If you have a VSP pump now you should run it as the slowest speed that lets it filter, skim, or run features you need. The slower you can run it, the quieter it’ll be and the more money you’ll save. Even the filtering will work better with slower moving water. So turn turning it down until your filter reads 15psi and see how things work. You may even be able to turn it down more and get same performance.

What speed settings are you running your new pump at?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.