Central Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have been having issues with my pump not holding a prime and high filter pressure. I will clean the filter and it holds prime for about 30 minutes. I have been dealing with high PH so I decided to soak the filter in dawn soap water for about 6 hours. The pump held its prime for a couple days and now the same issue is happening. Do you think this is due to scaling?

FC - 6.0
CC - 0-0.5
CYA - 70
PH - 8.2
CH - 450
TA - 80
Salt - 3400
CSI - 0.54

First thing to do is an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to be sure no algae.
Cartridge filters should be soaked in TSP or dishwasher detergent (not pods) if contaminated by grease. Very unusual to get scale on them. You should be able to see if there is.

p,

What happens to your high filter pressure after it is clean?

If it goes back to normal, then most likely you have algae, even if you can't see it yet.

I agree with Marty, the first thing to do is run an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test (OCLT)

Thanks,

Jim R.

First thing to do is an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to be sure no algae.
Cartridge filters should be soaked in TSP or dishwasher detergent (not pods) if contaminated by grease. Very unusual to get scale on them. You should be able to see if there is.
I will do that tonight and post my results.

Reactions: mknauss
p,

What happens to your high filter pressure after it is clean?

If it goes back to normal, then most likely you have algae, even if you can't see it yet.

I agree with Marty, the first thing to do is run an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test (OCLT)

Thanks,

Jim R.
After I clean it, the pressure is lower and the pump hold a better prime. Doing the chlorine drop test tonight.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.