High PH, no CL, about to slam

jbailey895

Apr 25, 2016
Carlsbad, CA
I am in So Cal and late to start my SLAM. Water is around 60 degrees. No visible algae.

0 FC
8+ PH
375 CH
140 TA
0 CYA

I am going to add about a gallon of Muriatic to address the PH first, then raise the CYA to about 40 ppm, then start the SLAM.

Is this the correct order? I typically have high PH and calcium out of the tap here in CA; the rains have been heavy so I'm a bit surprised my PH is so high.

thanks for any suggestions, here's to spring coming !!

I am in So Cal and late to start my SLAM. Water is around 60 degrees. No visible algae.

0 FC
8+ PH
375 CH
140 TA
0 CYA

I am going to add about a gallon of Muriatic to address the PH first, then raise the CYA to about 40 ppm, then start the SLAM.

Is this the correct order? I typically have high PH and calcium out of the tap here in CA; the rains have been heavy so I'm a bit surprised my PH is so high.

thanks for any suggestions, here's to spring coming !!
Why are you planning a SLAM if there is no algae?

With zero fc it’s good insurance to slam.
Since you have no cya do this 1st before adding cya to be sure you don’t have ammonia, with the high ph it’s unlikely but better safe than sorry & it’s a quick check

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.