Gilbert Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
Just tested and put my pH at 8.4 as it was definitely over the 7.8 high mark on the test tube. Akalinity came in at 1600.

Pool Math is saying that I need to add 4 gallons of Muratic Acid. Does that seem right?

Also, when I used Leslie's for a few months when we first got a place with a pool, they always told me that I should only add 24 ounces of Muratic Acid at a time. What does TFP recommend in that regard?

TA of 1600?? That’s not really possible unless you added a ton of baking soda to your pool.

How did you arrive at that value? What test kit are you using?

I apologize. Looks like I totally messed up and my TA should be 600, not 1600.
I'm using the Taylor K-2006C test kit. I'll enter the correct TA number and see what I get.
Do I have to limit how much Muratic Acid I add at one time?

I apologize. Looks like I totally messed up and my TA should be 600, not 1600.
I'm using the Taylor K-2006C test kit. I'll enter the correct TA number and see what I get.
Do I have to limit how much Muratic Acid I add at one time?
Your TA is not 600ppm, test it again (not at Leslie’s though)

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm an idiot again. Just ran the TA test again and got 110.
Apparently I was confused and mixed up the TA with results from another test.
Really sorry to waste everyone's time.
Well that’s good. Always sanity check anything that tells you to add more than a 1/2 gallon of anything.

Reactions: JamesW
I’ve read on TFP several times to lower pH in 0.4 increments, wait 30 minutes with pump running, retest, and add another increment of MA to lower another 0.4 pH until you get to your target.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.