cya=50
cc=0.5
tc=9.0
ta=130
salt=2200

- - - Updated - - -

Ph is over 8.2

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just now realizing I don't have a way to measure ph higher than 8.2 so I have no idea where it's actually at.

Pool is safe to swim in between the minimum and SLAM level according to the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] 8.5 is well within that range, so perfectly fine to swim.

Use PoolMath to figure the correct dosage of acid to lower your pH and everything should be just fine.

Jonette, as long as the water is clear, at those levels it is perfectly safe to swim in. If you prefer it on the low end, the FC will drop naturally in a couple of days. At the current CYA of 50, your target FC is 6-8 anyway, so you're just barely over that. Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

How are you testing your water? Which test kit?

Depending on your testing methods, if you cannot determine your pH via direct testing, you may be able to do an acid demand test...it won't show your current pH, but will allow you to determine the amount of acid required to achieve a desired level. Without knowing your current pH, PoolMath won't help you hit a target pH in a single dosage, but you can add enough acid to drop it into a testable range and then calculate a second dosage from there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.