Hello,
Opened my pool last week due to the nice weather we had here in Wisconsin. Filled, got the visible gunk out, and added 12% liquid chlorine right away because I knew it was necessary cleaned and fired up the filter, which has been running pretty much non-stop. Did a full set of tests last Friday as follows.
FC 4
CC 1.5
PH 8
TA 150
CH 50
CYA 0
Brought ph down to 7.2 and added 4lbs dry stabilizer (per pool math) to bring that up to at least 50. Tested CYA yesterday and it was 90! Did a partial drain down to just above the skimmer and refilled.
This morning test results as follows.
FC 9
CC 1
PH 8
TA 150
CH 50
CYA 70
Questions... will I have to partially drain and refill again or is 70 CYA ok. Does water temp affect the test results? I know that 70 will require larger amounts of chlorine. I have never experienced this before and my poor Pool is in desperate need for a SLAM! Any advice will really help and be much appreciated:)

22'x52" Intex Ultra Frame pool 10,472 gallon. Raypac Protege 25” sand filter Harris 1.5 hp pump Taylor K-2006 test kit

or is 70 CYA ok
If that's accurate, you can live with it. Water temp? .... yes. it can effect the CYA test. Bring a sample indoors for an hour or so to let it warm up then do the test outside on a sunny day. See if that makes a difference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.