High CYA Red water clear. FILTER SOCKS V STIFF. WHY?

I am no expert on scaling, but I think you combination of very high TA, relatively normal CH, and high ph could cause scaling in your filter. Once you are done with the flock, I would lower ph down to the low end (down to 7.2) and keep lowering ph when it gets up to 7.5 or so, at least until your TA comes down quite a bit.

We have just refilled the pool with the well water. These are the figures after a shock treatment, running and filtering it for three days and flocking last night. Please tell me we can adjust the figures by lowering the PH and TA. If we have to refill again we are going to have to ship water in. ( and I might just give up ).

You have to add muriatic acid to lower the pH and keep it in range. This will have the greatest impact on the CSI chem geek mentioned ... this will also slowly lower the TA. If you want to be more aggressive with lowering the TA follow the process described in Pool School: Lower Total Alkalinity

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.