High cya .... Need advice

Ok- I think things have become a bit confused around the CYA test here- if you initially reported a CYA level of 100 or greater, then did the 50:50 dilution x2 you should expect the black dot to disappear before you fill the CYA tube. In other words If you are greater than 100 you would expect the black dot to disappear.

Perhaps go back and perform the 50:50 test. Have you checked that you are conducting this correctly?

Ok- I think things have become a bit confused around the CYA test here- if you initially reported a CYA level of 100 or greater, then did the 50:50 dilution x2 you should expect the black dot to disappear before you fill the CYA tube. In other words If you are greater than 100 you would expect the black dot to disappear.

Perhaps go back and perform the 50:50 test. Have you checked that you are conducting this correctly?

Just want to be make I'm doing this right.... When u say 50/50 that's under the label correct ? Then R-0013 to the top of the label?

No, they're talking about dilution.

You fill the bottle to the bottom of the label with pool water. Then to the top of the label with tap water (which is CYA free). You shake the bottle, then pour out the resulting water until you're at the bottom of the label again. Then you add the CYA reagent as per usual and test, multiplying your result by 2. E.g. if your result is 80, your CYA is 160. If you still have a 100 result with the dilution method, mix up one part pool water to three parts tap water and repeat the test again.

Make sense? :)

Ok think I got it.....I believe my initial cya testing was incorrect.... Today I performed all tests indoors ( diluted and Reg) .... When I performed both diluted tests the dot did not become obscured .... So i retested regularly twice and both read in between the 35-40 line. Would this be accurate considering the diluted test had no reaction?

Hello again
Last night I added about a half a gallon of Clorox ... Here are my new readings as of today...

FC 2.5
CC 0.5
PH 7.2
CH 300
TA 120
CYA 30

The bottom of the pool looks better but I can still see some purple spots and some of it on the walls.

My question now is should I vacuum it up? If yes to waste or filter? Also should I do anything chemical wise?

Thanks again for taking the time out to help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.