High Chlorine levels

Looks like you overshot a bit with the CYA... Did you use liquid stabilizer? Also you need to lower the pH again...
We rarely recommend algaecide, and never copper algaecide. I am surprised you used it after just completing an ascorbic acid treatment... In any case, if you get your FC up and KEEP it up, you will clear your water.
Keep vac'ing the junk off the bottom.

If your CYA is indeed 100, you need to get your FC up to 25 and keep it there until
a) you can hold that level overnight
b) you have 0 cc's
c) your water is sparkling

You will be done shocking when:

1. Your water is sparkling
2. CC's test .5ppm or less
3. You pool will hold FC overnite not losing more than 1.0ppm

Then just let your FC drift down into maintenance range and keep it there.........

If you do not complete the shocking process, (and then maintain your water) your algae will return.

Having a good test kit is the BEST investment we made in our pool. I recommend the TF Test kit sold by duraleigh, one of our members. Link in my sig.

thanks everyone for your help and a special thanks to duraleigh as he walked me through the process. my pool is now dedicated to the BBB method. the water is looking really good i just need to vac out whats left of the dirt at the bottom.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.