Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Astral Viron eQuilibrium EQ25
Hi all,

I've recently performed a SLAM due to heavy rains and garden water runoff making the pool cloudy and slightly green. 3 days later it was fixed after adding 3 batches of liquid chlorine (15L - 4 gallons, 7.5L - 2 gallons, 7.5L - 2 gallons) during two days), lots of brushing and filter on 24/7 for 3 days (with SWG salt cell off). My CYA is 67 and FC was up very high due to the SLAM (FC 40+). After SLAM being complete, it has taken 3 days for FC to slowly come back down to the current level of 12.

Before the SLAM, I removed my Jet-Vac Automatic Pool Cleaner from the pool to not damage it (and to not damage the mesh bag that holds the debris). I also have not turned on the solar heater (pipes on the roof), to not damage anything there either from the high chlorine levels. I also haven't gone into the pool or let kids and visitors into the pool yet as to not damage other peoples swimwear.

My questions are (with the context of CYA of approx 70):
After a SLAM, at what level of free chlorine can I put the Jet Vac Pool Cleaner into the pool without damaging it?
After a SLAM, at what level of free chlorine can I turn on the solar heater without damaging anything?
After a SLAM, at what level of free chlorine can I allow people into the pool and know their swimsuits won't get damaged?
After a SLAM, at what level of free chlorine should trigger me to turn on the SWG salt cell?

I appreciate all your help guys

SLAM level for CYA 70 is 28. There was no reason to significantly exceed that during the
SLAM Process.

Once FC is below 28 it is safe to swim and you can go back to normal use of the pool.

What is your normal SWG FC target. With CYA 70 it should be 5-7. Turn on your SWG when your FC gets around 7.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.