High CC levels

Ok, we don't have any lights and we haven't installed the ladder since we open the pool this "spring" ( it keeps turning back to winter weather every other week here in SC) so there's is really nothing in the pool but water. Can i do the overnight loss test tonight or do i have to wait until the fc levels drift down?
OCLT is best done at elevated FC levels. If you want to be extra sure, use the 25 ml sample and get .2 resolution on the FAS-DPD test.

OCLT results : Monday 7:45pm FC 16ppm, cc 1ppm
Tuesday 7:15am FC 15.5ppm, cc 1ppm.
* The pump was running on Monday when i took the first sample, but hadn't started when i took the second one on Tuesday. Also it was raining a little through out the night. Idk if either one of those things could have affected the results.

I didi only 1 OCLT and the loss was .5 ppm. After that i have checked fc and cc levels daily, and i have lost about 2 ppm a day( not over night, i just the the tes at around 7pm everyday) today the fc was down to 10ppm so i re tested everything

fc 10, cc .5 ( i did this test 3 times just to be extra sure, the cc level has been .5 since thursday!!)
ph 7.2
ta 60
cya 52

should i try to raise the ph a little??

Has your PH been steady at 7.2? You can leave it where it is if it seem happy there. If you want to push it up a little you can raise it. Just turn your return up so it rolls the water. That will work on the PH without messing with the TA.

Kim

It was 7.2 before i shocked the pool ( while fc was at 20 ppm i tested th ph and it was about 7.8) now that im letting the fc drift down it came back down 7.2. Im sorry, Im new here and dont know what you mean by turning up my return so it rolls the water??

Your returns are where filtered water "returns" to your pool. Those fittings are called eyeballs. You can adjust them so that the water shoots out sideways, down, or up. What Kim was suggesting is to turn them so that they point up. That will cause rippling/rolling on the surface of the water. I believe Kim was trying to raise your pH without affecting your TA as outlined here: Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

- - - Updated - - -

Just jumping in here because I see you are online. I am a night owl, Kim is a "morning" dove!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.