Sparkmaster

In The Industry
Aug 2, 2008
Conway SC
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Stupid cheap strips made the Alkalinity through the roof so I guess after reading I need to add muriatic acid.. Is this the same stuff that is at Lowes for like $10? Need to go get some if that's what I need..

Thanks

John

Could you clarify what you mean by this? How are you testing your water and what is your TA level?
Sorry was driving.. Had the Taylor last year but ran out by late fall and used some reg test strips since everything was good and only pretty much needed for Chlorine. So start of this season, I was busy with volunteering at the Local PD and just used Test strips to get everything to par, so I thought.. Knew something was wrong so I got some different test strips which showed it being up over 180.. So I immediately ordered a new Taylor kit and got it and tested to show everything good except for TA which was 240. So now I just came back from Lowes and bought some Acid and that's where I am..

In the last 3 days, I put 2 gallons of Muriatic acid and now my TA is down to 170 from 240. PH is down just below normal but seems to be rising again so I'm not too concerned. So, how much more Muriatic acid do I need to bring it to normal levels?

There is a lot of flexibility with TA. The biggest concern is if your pH remains fairly steady. You could conceivably leave the TA at 170 if the pH remains stable. But if the pH still rises quickly, you can bring the TA down another 70 point to about 100 ppm and see how that works. Again, no specific number needed for TA, keeping the pH stable is more important.

Reactions: Sparkmaster
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.