Hi, new pool

Ok thanks will pick up some tomorrow. I will also add the info to my sig tomorrow too as it is midnight here. One more question before I go off to bed is the stabilizer in that form safe for the dog? I can imagine him going over and grabbing the sock, like Hey whats this new pool toy? Should I be taking it out when he swims then putting it back in or just let it set at the bottom when swimming, he won't notice it there?

You can take it out and put it in a bucket of pool water when he is swimming. Or you can use the liquid stuff. It works the same just costs 3 times more or so.

You and I both know he will see it and try to use it as a toy LOL

Take it out and put in a bucket until he gets out.

Think of CYA as sunscreen for you pool.

I have a link for you. I think it will help your keep your pool clear.

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Here is another helpful chart.

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Since this a pool for you dog you need to get some knee highs to use a skimmer socks. They will help with the dog hair. Just keep any eye on them. They work very well. You do not want to starve you pump.

I would LOVE a pic of the dog in the pool!

Kim

You and I both know he will see it and try to use it as a toy LOL

Take it out and put in a bucket until he gets out.

You must have a lab, but you forgot hide the bucket because that will get played with too.

Unfortunately I don't have many pics of him in the pool. Just one actually. We just set the pool up last weekend and it was freshly filled. I didn't have the pump on it yet, but did later that evening. Next day was family 4th BBQ out of town, I also needed to drain it and re level the area and put blocks under the legs and fix a few leaks I found. Learned that the hard way, I was off by about 3 inches one side to the other after everything settled. Next day it rained, then been too cold for me the weather hasn't been over 70 last couple days but 80 today and the weekend.

Here is after filling I let him swim for an hour. We got out cause I was freezing and he wanted back in. You can see the back through the posts sunk in as I had no blocks under them.
20150704_145428_zpsiw9ml6rv.jpg

How can you resist, so we got back in. This time he took over my raft. I guess I should have bought myself one of those. You can see here why I drained and releveled, it sank quite a bit on that side after we used it. That was the side with the most leaks. Also you can see the ramp set up to get in. I now have one to get out as well until I get some stairs.
20150704_163902_zpsanxwlyq8.jpg

BIG grin here! Yes I have had labs (Jolly-yellow lab) and have Bullet (mastiff/lab mix) SO know all about EVERYTHING being a toy!

Love the "DAD! There is still water in here!" Yeah I guess you need to get YOU a pad! LOL

Glad you re-leveled!

Kim

Labs are pretty awesome. He is my second, his name is Hemi. He has taken me on quite a journey in life, quite the journey indeed. He is a Dog Scout of America. Which yeah is a thing, dogscouts.org he earns merrit badges and we go on doggy vacations. I personally am an introvert. I have been more places and done more things with him than I ever thought. I am often known as Hemi's Dad though but I am glad he shares his adventures with me. He does Agility, Rally, Canine Musical Freestyle, He is trained in wilderness search and rescue and had found lost kids in the woods. We have been on the news and on TV a couple times for his painting. He paints pictures too. Basically he is just sweet outgoing boy that loves life has no fear of anything and I provide the means to take him where his heart desires. I never expected where he would take me when I got him as I was just looking for a happy dog but he has expanded my outlook on life well beyond what I ever knew. He is expensive though, I had to get an RV to take him all these places he goes. All the training, the vacations, he now has a pool. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't get any of that stuff. We are still working on trying to go canoeing, we did a 1 hour canoe trip last year that took me 3 hours. He learned if he goes out one side of the canoe, I go out the other and we both get to swim together.

Few more pictures.

He has a love of water and anything to do with it.
IMG_4054_zpsbl2yrfnk.jpg

He is my workout partner, beside walking 3-5 miles a day he does pilates. He does a set I do a set.
IMAG2451_zps4oebhpo8.jpg

I hadn't been to fireworks shows in years, but since he was a pup he could see them from the back yard and loved them so we now go to fireworks shows which he loves to lay there and watch them. Sometimes when they shoot off and have trailers he stands on his hind legs like he is going to catch them.
IMAG0805_zpsfhho4kh0.jpg

A couple paintings cause everyone asks. He has about 30 different colors of child safe paint, he picks out the colors all on his own and applies them to the canvas. It was something we did when he was a puppy and we were in a heat wave over 90 degrees. We would go tot he cool basement and work on things and I taught him how to paint for treats, something we also learned at dog scout camp. Which 1 hour of painting would wear him out mentally and would sleep for 2 hours. Which you know how much energy puppies have. So this was win win but he really loved doing it so we keep doing it. I ask him if he wants to go paint and he runs right to the basement and sits down. He hands methe colors I put them in a paint tray and then I help him put his signature on them when done. Other that that he does everything himself now.
IMAG0221_zps75c97263.jpg

IMAG0223_zps1c00d749.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.