Hi, I'm Jackie and I am new!

That worked...love the pictures and the comments! Your sump can't get anymore of that? Mine would be able too go to within a couple of inches...with that said, as bama said, get the solids out and then you will be able to treat the rest when the pool is full.

neverclearone said:
New pic of the pool empty. There are some holes in need of repair. Also we are having trouble getting homeowners insurance, any help would be appreciated. Pic is at above post link.

Why is the insurance issue happening?

- Sent using Tapatalk

The house was a foreclosure. We paid cash. The insurance company came out and said the pool had to be up and running and the back fence was in disrepair. (We can only do so much at one time.) My Dad is the one that paid for it and he is the one dealing with the insurance company. We have been working on the inside of the house.

neverclearone said:
The house was a foreclosure. We paid cash. The insurance company came out and said the pool had to be up and running and the back fence was in disrepair. (We can only do so much at one time.) My Dad is the one that paid for it and he is the one dealing with the insurance company. We have been working on the inside of the house.
Got it. I recently met someone who went through similar chaos. They had a loan and the bank made them rehab a pool before the sale could go through even though the buyer was (and did) planning to fill in the pool!

Hang in there.

- Sent using Tapatalk

Okay so my Dad called a couple of pool companies on the pool. One came out and looked at it said he could repair and skim coat it and would come back with an estimate, he never did. Another company sent a man out and he looked at the pool and said it was really old and the concrete was only about a couple of inches and that if it was him he would just fill it in. He said he could fix it but it wouldn't last and would be about $10,000. I don't get it why would somebody say that?

Well my question is: Is it possible to convert this pool to a pool with a liner? Seems like I remember seeing that somewhere where they could repair the chips and cracks, then put a sand layer down and then the liner? I just wonder how they could get the liner to fit given the shape of it. And anyone know roughly what the cost would be?

I really hate to think our only option is to fill it in. :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
chelseyscard468.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Before

After002.jpg

After

Still lots of work left on this foreclosure we bought but, we're getting there.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey it worked, I am so proud of me for following you guys directions on "Having trouble posting your pics." No more links, YAAAAyyyy!