Hi Folks

poolducky

Jan 21, 2024
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Hey Folks,

I'm not unfamiliar with pools (grew up with an above ground, then in ground, so understand the trouble from that), but haven't had pool/hot tub treatment worries until now (potentially buying a used tub). Hoping this place will be useful on keeping up with things! I'm in Minnesota (aka MINNESNOWTA) so if anybody has any tips on keeping hot tubs in shape in the winter, let me know!

poolducky

Hey Folks,

I'm not unfamiliar with pools (grew up with an above ground, then in ground, so understand the trouble from that), but haven't had pool/hot tub treatment worries until now (potentially buying a used tub). Hoping this place will be useful on keeping up with things! I'm in Minnesota (aka MINNESNOWTA) so if anybody has any tips on keeping hot tubs in shape in the winter, let me know!

poolducky
Do you know what brand of hot tub you may potentially purchase?Do you know who you are purchasing the hot tub from?

Start simple from there,once you have a little more information there are quite a few forum members who will be able to help you.The age of the tub and how many times it has been moved can come into play obviously.Older tubs can develop leaks and be damaged from multiple moves that sometimes can’t be seen and make sure the tub is functioning properly with water in it to see if the heater and jets are working.Hot tub repairs can be very costly and sometimes parts can be difficult to find depending on the age.

I have seen a lot of people spend thousands on a used tub with a well known brand,only to find out later it was in bad shape, and repairs were astronomical.By just buying the tub without checking it with water in it to see if it was actually functioning properly.Like the old saying goes buyer beware, you don’t want to go through the hassle of moving a hot tub to have it become a large heavy unusable eye sore.