Southeast Pennsylvania
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello everyone! This is my introduce myself post. My husband and I bought a house with a pool over the winter and we are so excited for our first pool season! The old owners left us the contact info of the people who managed the pool for them and I used them to open (since we have never owned a pool before and are both super busy) and got a little tutorial from them in pool care while they were here. Since then I've been taking care of it myself.

Luckily we seem to have a pretty decent setup and the pool company raved about the pool. Knock on wood, we haven't had any real problems so far! Its a salt water pool with the intellichlor IC 40 or 60.. (not sure but will update), the Jandy Pro stealth pump, Jandy cartridge filter, and the Jandy JXi pool and spa heater (propane powered) plus a little dolphin deluxe 4 that is still doing a great job :)

Anyone have advice on how to manage a large pool? Ours is 43,000 gallons- the old owners left us the original install plans. Its long and deep. Besides a lot more chemicals, anything else I should be on the lookout for?

Huge pool!
Would strongly recommend getting a TF-PRO test kit or Taylor 2006C test kit so you can test/manage chemicals on your own, along with using the Pool Math app (its outstanding) to log/track your recordings. Your pool service company may be using "test strips", please don't trust them, and don't trust "pool stores" either. The only 100% way to accurately measure pH, FC, CH, CYA, TA, etc. is with a PROPER test kit, not those dumb strips or believing the results from a store. You'll be glad you did. Nearly ALL TFP'ers use a proper kit here, it saves headaches, headaches, more headaches, and in the end, saves on costs of wasted or unnecessary chemicals. Fire away with any Q's you have!! and welcome!

PS - when you have a chance, fill out your profile/signature so it contains more details about your pool. Make it easier for people here to provide feedback on any Q's you might have, based on your pool setup.