Here we go! TFP method, take 2

About 11 months ago we drained completely for repairs and repainting for 4 days. No problems. Judging from the pollen, it's been pretty dry here. It is supposed to rain tomorrow, but if we dump AND refill tomorrow (in the rain) surely that won't compromise anything . . . would it?

Any ideas about the number of days I might could expect? As I said, we're merely visiting to prepare for the new tenant, so I'm trying to take that into account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's Good Friday. Forgot we were in a smaller city and further South. Guess who is closed today. The water department.
Off I'll go to the fire dept in a bit to BEG them to open the hydrant for me.
JEEZ!

20x40 in-ground concrete "vintage" pool
Approx 38k gal
Concrete, plaster and epoxy paint
Sand filter
DIY plaster resurface repairs completed 6/2015.

Couldn't talk the fire department into opening the hydrant for us. So we're doing it the old fashioned way - from the outside spicket) till Monday when the water department opens.

On a side note, that was some of the FUNKIEST water I have EVER smelt! It was HORRIBLE! Dog decided to make it better by having a swim prior to draining, and then today went for a romp in the drained product.

7bde6b80258e196a999ddddff9b186e1.jpg

eae9d406dc132f03f2a4efbfd90a8469.jpg

Approx 38k gal
Sand filter

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
And here's a pic received through the PM of what it looks like today! They're obviously doing something as evidenced by the steps that access the top of the pump house. (I guess they prefer to access the filter and backwash lever from the top?)
I asked for test results, but didn't get them. [emoji17]
05c9984f2a9be77a8a4d5f9a7d0b26f1.jpg

Approx 38k gal
Sand filter

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.