320 tab chlorinator (🤮)
86degree water temp
Pentair pump and water feature pump
Pebble like finish
I just installed a new Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 420 media filter
2” lines
Austin TX
New WaterTech Volt 550li robot

Pool looks great today and sparkling clear after filtering for three days, algae gone, lot of white minerals deposited (20 year old pool) some poor flow from jets and poor suction on spa return

Water test with new Taylor K-2006C kit
Total Chlorine 22ppm (dumped and forgot to do free test)
Ph 7.0
Alkalinity 50ppm
Calcium hardness 340ppm
CYA 95

She is not crazy about a water exchange but I think it’s mandatory

Any suggestions on water balancing? Anything and any pertinent info I forgot? Are there tabs without the UV additive that causes CYA issues?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0205.jpeg
    IMG_0205.jpeg
    596.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0204.jpeg
    IMG_0204.jpeg
    631.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0203.jpeg
    IMG_0203.jpeg
    838.6 KB · Views: 9
some poor flow from jets and poor suction on spa return
Poor flow would be a combination of chemistry problem and filter being dirty from the Algae. Did you follow the SLAM process? Link-->SLAM Process

What was the clean filter pressure when you did the install? What is the pressure now? First step on the flow issue is to clean the filter. Surprising the 420 would fill that quickly...

Second would be to do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to see if you still have algae...filling the filter. Link-->Overnight Chlorine Loss Test
Yeah, you likely had algae, and likely still do (even if you can't see it). Incredibly hard to maintain enough HOCl, at CYA 95, to keep algae at bay. Do the OCLT.

If you fail OCLT, I would replace 50% of your water. Use no drain water exchange method....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.