sunshine58

Apr 21, 2024
Florida
Help I thought my husband was adding stabilizer but he was adding calcium. Told him to dissolve in bucket and throw in skimmer. 4 lb of dissolve calcium just went directly in my skimmer. Pump is on and I turned hose on and placed in skimmer. Is there anything I can do to mitigate damage to my equipment?

Hey sunshine and Welcome !!!

If it didn't brick up in your pipes, you're fine. You'd know as your flow would stop and/or the pump would be running dry.

It's good practice to never dump any acid down the skimmer. There is never a good reason to do so. For anyone who wants to challange this previous statement, lazy isn't a good reason. :ROFLMAO:

That said, one time won't harm anything. We worry about the repeated event over and over.

It was low salt before incident and still reading that way, should I wait to add salt now?
We test the salinity with a taylor k1766 and go from there. The unit, test strips and the pool store all leave alot to be desired.

Salt only comes out quickly by draining. You don't want to overshoot with bad data.