HELP!!!!!!

Dec 16, 2011
My pool build is complete.... my water was crystal clear before we poured cement around it.... they got tons of cement in the pool when they poured around it.... water was almost black.... so I shut off the pump.... the next day.. still black water.. so I put the pump on recirculate and flocced it.... ran pump for 2 hours and shut it off... came back the next day and water is again crystal clear with everything on the bottom... got the vacuum out and put the pump to waste and started sucking it up... it worked great for about 2 minutes and my pump got clogged with sand from the cement... I took it apart and cleaned the impeller and tried again... same thing...

how do I clean this nasty from the bottom of my pool without killing the pump?

Is there something better I can rent or something like that??

I think it is time to invest in a robot. The robot is a self-contained vacuum so the trash will be collected inside in a filter area. I don't think the above skimmer idea will work since the vacuum port of the skimmer is below the basket. What has the contractor said about this?

They didn't say anything.... they said it's normal to get cement in the pool when pouring cement.... I wouldn't mind renting a robot if that's possible but I don't want to buy one just for this

My pool build was not as severe as yours. What I did to remove the extra cement in the pool is use a shop vac. It took about an hour. Had to purchase long extensions as well. I placed the long extensions over the areas that needed to be vacuumed. Then with the assistance of a helper, he turned on the shop vac and quickly the tank filled up. We dumped water and started all over. I was not risking anything in the pump/filter.

put a skimmer sock (couple of disposable hair nets)in the skimmer before vacuuming

Also a great idea. Would work with 2 skimmers as you can keep switching. Hopefully there will be a second hand as everything is easier with a helper.

They didn't say anything.... they said it's normal to get cement in the pool when pouring cement.... I wouldn't mind renting a robot if that's possible but I don't want to buy one just for this

Huh? I didn't get any at all in my pool. How were they pouring it that they got it in the pool? I can see if they were mixing it onsite that the dust would get in the pool. For me it was a cement truck already mixed. Not a drop got in the pool.

Turkey baster!!! It will take time but..........it would work and not hurt your pump and be cheap!

BUT I would be talking to the person paid to do this and demand they find a way!

Kim (NO cheering for this one)

My pool was built last summer with a cement deck all the way around it. They accidentally got some cement into one of the skimmers, and near panic ensued as they worked to clear it out. They even called the pool builder/contractor who also came over right away to make sure everything was okay and he did some additional work and checking to make sure that everything would be alright. No cement got directly into the pool even though cement was put right into the cove that was part of the automatic cover which took right to the edge of the pool. I would take pictures, just in case there is any long term damage. Sounds like a sloppy job to me and I would hold them responsible for any damages to your pool/equipment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.