help with what to add now

If I use the CYA and the bleach how would you recommend for me to distribute that? Do I pour the whole CYA container into the skimmer or directly into the pool water? And then do I need to wait a certain amount of time before using the bleach? Or do I just pour it all at once? I know I sound like a real dummy but I so appreciate your help with this. We are on a very limited budget because my husband lost his job since October of last year. Down to one income and just trying to get the pool to work. Thank you so much to everyone on here and the advice you give!!

CYA comes in two forms, solid and liquid. The solid can be put in a sock (regular old sock) and then the sock put in the skimmer. Leave the pump running for 24 hours after adding solid CYA. Liquid CYA can be poured slowly in front of a return jet.

Bleach can be added just before or just after adding CYA, but not at the exact same moment. Bleach should be poured slowly in front of a return jet. Bleach can be added while a sock with CYA is in the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.