Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I hope someone can help me with this. I had my fiberglass pool finished this year with a not so great company. They left my sump tube just concrete that’s not level so the lid won’t stay on, and someone has now hurt their foot. I told them there should be a insert there that the lid goes on like how the skimmer is but their response was “it doesn’t need to be assessable we can just silicone it.” I check the ground water every week so that’s not happening. How can I get the insert on like it should be since there’s now concrete around the pipe? I don’t want to just screw it into the concrete because when I tried it’s too hard for me to get Screw and unscrew.

Attachments

• 584047B4-73A5-4755-B6BC-D51E52423C2E.jpeg
    584047B4-73A5-4755-B6BC-D51E52423C2E.jpeg
    449.3 KB · Views: 11
  • C9E520A9-DD6A-4CC6-A1C5-8221FFF7F040.png
    C9E520A9-DD6A-4CC6-A1C5-8221FFF7F040.png
    860.1 KB · Views: 12
That looks like a well point that can let you drain ground water from around the pool.

There is no insert that goes into the tube.

You should be able to drop a sump pump down the tube to pump out water if necessary.

They should have done a better job of leveling out the concrete so a square cover sits flush with the deck.

Someone can take a chisel and smooth the concrete around where the cover sits.

I was told it should have this on it but it was supposed to be done before the concrete was poured. Because of my little niece I want to make sure it is secured with screws to be on the safe side. I was hoping they made something that could go on after the concrete was already poured 😫47A7C650-7880-46CB-A384-DF0BD0DFD103.jpeg

I was told it should have this on it but it was supposed to be done before the concrete was poured. Because of my little niece I want to make sure it is secured with screws to be on the safe side. I was hoping they made something that could go on after the concrete was already poured 😫View attachment 445140

All you can do now is chip out the concrete around it to be able to insert the cover frame now and then use some mortar to hold it down.

Yes, it should have been put on the pipe before the concrete pour.

All you can do now is chip out the concrete around it to be able to insert the cover frame now and then use some mortar to hold it down.

Yes, it should have been put on the pipe before the concrete pour.
Guess I’m going to be chipping some concrete then lol. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.