Help with pool new to the forum

MeadHouse

Apr 26, 2024
Apple Valley CA
Hello we got the TF Pro test kit as recommended we performed all the tests.

Our pool is super green still and we need some help getting it up and running.

We have been through the wringer with Leslie Pool supply and have dumped numerous things in the pool at this point with no success.

We have a cartridge filter. And we live in Apple Valley CA (High Desert).

17000 gallon above ground.

Posting test results and pics of pool and filter.

Help please!

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1249.jpeg
    IMG_1249.jpeg
    664.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1248.jpeg
    IMG_1248.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1247.jpeg
    IMG_1247.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 15
Hello we got the TF Pro test kit as recommended we performed all the tests.

Our pool is super green still and we need some help getting it up and running.

We have been through the wringer with Leslie Pool supply and have dumped numerous things in the pool at this point with no success.

We have a cartridge filter. And we live in Apple Valley CA (High Desert).

17000 gallon above ground.

Posting test results and pics of pool and filter.

Help please!

Thank you
Welcome to the forum!
You need to follow the SLAM Process.
I suggest you read through Pool Care Basics - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool

Hi guys we followed the Slam Method to lower the PH of our pool down to range.

Last nigth we picked up 12 bottles of Liquid Chlorine from Walmart 10% concentration.

App said my Slam Level is 12 for my 17,000 gallon pool and said to added 3 128 oz jugs of the liquid chlorine. We did that. Tested the water about 15-20 minutes later and only had 7ppm free chrlorine. So entered that into the app and added 2 more 128 oz and tested a half hour later. Had 41 drops on Chlorine test. 20.5 ppm free chlorine.

Now this morning at 10am tested Chlorine again and it was 3 drops! Is this normal to lose that much FC over night? Added recommended liquid Chlorine to bring up to SLAM levels. I will say that in the beginning we added a ton of shock product to the pool that Leslie told us to keep dumping in and it did nothing. When I scrubbed the pool day before yesterday it was green and we found a mound of really nasty smelling brown algae and broke that up which ended up turning the water a more brown color than green and after adding the Chlorine most of the brown was gone today.

We are not on well water and we have a whole house cartridge based filter system (not salt based).

And help would be greatly appreciated.

Continue following the SLAM process. Test FC and add liquid chlorine back to SLAM level FC every few hours. Brush and vacuum at least once daily.