Help with Pool Conversion

That was my original plan, but the overflow channel is on the other side of the pool with respect to the Filter/Pump. Also, the overflow channel will generally not be filled with water.

I do want to run a dedicated suction line from the pump. But how do I terminate it close to the pool? Was looking for some kind of box that I could have flush with the deck in which I could have the vac loc fitting.

Brushpup... will post some more photos soon. thanks.

Almost There...
Pretty much everything's done except the tiling and surrounding landscaping.
Will be hooking up my homemade liquidator over the weekend.

There has been one hiccup though. The contractor who built the surge tank screwed up on the sizes and now my tank holds about 60% of the water I had designed it for. I filled the pool two days ago to test the overflow channel, surge tank, etc. and have had my kids jump around and swim for a few hours yesterday and the day before.
So far, everything's working ok except I think I have very little headroom in the surge tank for rainwater / major surges and may lose more water to the drain than required. The contractor says he will rebuild the tank but at this point I don't want to start digging again so will run it as it is this season and then figure if its needed.

Some photos for now...

My 40" DIY Sheer Waterfall made from Acrylic Sheet:
pool2.jpg

The finished waterfall:
pool3.jpg

The Pool:
pool1.jpg

The tiles and granite coping still have a layer of dust/cement on them and need to be polished which will be done in the next few days. The grating will be covered with White Pebbles.

Finally have the pool up and running since 2 weeks now. Everything seems to be working fine.
I wanted to thank everyone here on TFP for all their advice on this thread as well as on other posts.

The waterfall return (aeration) was causing the PH to rise so I've installed a Technopool PH Acid Doser that keep the PH between 7.6 and 7.8. My DIY Liquidator also seems to be working well.
The surge tank could have been a bit larger as I ended up losing water when we had a pool party with about 10 people in the pool. Also, I don't know yet what will happen when there's a lot of rain. So far so good.. fingers crossed.

Here are some photos:

done3.jpg

done-night.jpg

done-top.jpg

thuthuthu

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.