Help with Maytronics Dolphin Active 20

Valiegirl1100

Apr 20, 2023
Clearwater, Fl
Hi! My unit is a year old and has worked great. I pulled it out of the pool for Florida winter and just put it back in to get ready for swim time. It works great until it gets to a wall and then stops and churns water for as long as I leave it there. Will not climb the wall or reverse itself. I've checked the impeller and shaft, reseated the motor, removed the tracks, performed the bench run - nothing is making a difference and everything looks good. I have new tracks coming tomorrow in case the tread is an issue, but at only a year old that's hard to believe.
Can anyone give me advise before I fedex it to the service center in Georgia? I hate to be without it for weeks.
Thanks so much,
Val

What type of pool do you have? Plaster, fiberglass, etc. How often did you run the robot each week?

With a fiberglass pool you should not have any track wear to speak of. Though running daily is quite a bit of use. I run mine at most twice a week during swim season and minimally the rest of the year.

Running without the the filter basket for a few minutes (be sure there are no large debris it could capture) should not be an issue.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Two things -
I just ran it without filter basket and it still didn't climb wall
Do you know how each ridge on the tread has a groove down the middle? That groove is gone or mostly gone on every one
Thanks!
Val
Also, my pool is not a fiberglass shell that is dropped in. It was made by using strips of fiberglass (?) cloth and gel - like Fibertech - and has a non-slip surface you can feel with your feet.

Also, my pool is not a fiberglass shell that is dropped in. It was made by using strips of fiberglass (?) cloth and gel - like Fibertech - and has a non-slip surface you can feel with your feet.
Then it is likely the tracks are worn down. I have a normal fiberglass shell and the tracks began to be somewhat worn after 6 years. I changed them to some lightly used ones and it works a bit better.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support