Help with green tinted pool..please

I would raise FC up to about 5 for the overnight FC loss test. 2 is probably good enough, but if you do lose any chlorine overnight, you don't want FC dropping below 2, so best to start a little higher.

Results from the overnight test. It did rain a small amount I dont know if this might skew the results.

9:45pm
FC 5.5
CC .5

8:00am
FC 4.5
CC.5
ph 7.5
TA 100
TH 320
CYA 25 (I havent retested this for several days, I only have enough for one test and wanted to wait till I added more stablilizer) my goal is 40

Well there it is, I am totally lost on what to try other than keep my FC level around 5 and use POP

Would it be safe for my grandkids to go ahead and swim?

Any and all advice appreciated

The Grandkids will be happy

The last sequesterant I added was the two quarts Sunday night for a total of 51/2 quarts. Do you think more would help?

I need to give them a call and see if their test kit came in. There is some orange staining on the skimmer so I know I have iron, I guess the question is how much.

I think Im going to buy an Iron filter for the house, hopefully that will help with the pool.

Thanks for everyones help

Glad everything is looking up....

We have alot of iron in our water and it had given us some issues in the beginning...our chlorine was high, we would shock, everything...but still green water! But they could come out and put some stain eliminator in and BAM, crystal clear water in less than 10 minutes in a 54000 gallon pool! So we have iron issues...and know how to treat them now! Unfortunately, our pool place have the capabilities to test everything but for iron...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.