Help with deck ladder and mounting

scott3460

Apr 29, 2023
Wisconsin
We’ve had an above ground pool next to our deck for several years. The surface of the deck sits approximately 2 feet below the rim of the pool. I am struggling with the best design to attach a set of stairs to the deck. The stairs sit entirely internally in the pool. There are brackets that could be used to mount to a deck surface that is more or less even with the pool. My situation, of course, involves that 2 foot drop to the deck surface. Any suggestions on how to best address the situation. Ideally I’d like to be able to remove anything mounted to the deck during the winter months. Thank you!

Welcome to TFP.

Post pics of your situation so we can see what you have.

I would build up some stairs out of decking lumber on the deck side of the pool and add additional space to anchor the pool ladder to. Then just add the pool side ladder as per instructions. The deck side stairs can be left in place. You can buy all precut risers for making stairs these days so it should be a pretty simple build. At most you’d need two steps and a landing.

+1. Confer makes these and they were sturdy. As a 6ft 3 in 275 lb dude, I find most setups shaky at best.

Screenshot_20230429_164744_Gallery.jpg

Pretty sure This is the one I had with the counter weight thingie down the middle

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.