Help with course of action with crack repair in pool

Jun 11, 2014
Philly, PA
Hi,

My pool was leaking and it was due to some cracks that were repaired not done properly. I don't know how long ago the pool was repaired as I've only been in the house for 3ish years. I got an estimate on repairing the pool from one company and they suggested I repair the cracks and epoxy. The cost came out to be $2,500 for patching and epoxy to only the cracks. I'm just worried that price is a little high because the day because as the head worker was completing the drain and power wash he said it should be around $1000 to fix. I didn't mention the price to the owner because I didn't want to get the guy in trouble but based on pictures does $2,500 sound about right?

I did speak with another company regarding the issue and they stated that the cracks were due to the pool not being poured properly.

20160525_121704.jpg20160525_122421.jpg

try to get 3 quotes for the exact same work and see who comes out better..

Can it be done DIY, yes, it would be a process that many probably would not do.. not saying it can not be done though...

Also, the sooner it is done the better, it is rainy season, I don't know how much ground water you have but empty pools can turn into boats and float if the ground water table level is high..

Thanks for the response. I just got another estimate yesterday but the company won't do the crack repair without re plaster. For the crack he said it shouldn't be more than $7-800. Now the only bad thing is I'm having the hardest time finding someone to complete a crack repair this size without re plastering. I just took out the 3 pool hydrostatic valves.

Side note: If things don't go well finding a crack repair place and I am forced to re-plaster. What are some realistic prices I should expect to pay for a 512 sq ft. pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.