Help With Cloudy Water!!

I use skimmer socks 100%, it's the only way to get that fine dust. Living in the country there's dirt blowing all the time with the fields right there, gravel roads, etc... the filter will not get that really fine stuff. I probably use the same one all season. Rinse it every day or more often if it needs it. Always rinse before shutting the pump off.

I am pleased to announce after 6 days of keeping my pool at shock level. IT looks beautiful!!! I have no brown stuff on the bottom either ( I suspect the solar cover was the problem). I got a new one and brown stuff is gone!! Here are my new numbers
FC 10 (still coming down)
CC 0
TA 160 (am working on bringing it down, now, since other problems are solved)
CYA 50
CH 240
PH 7.2(currently, added ph down) was 7.5. Am areating(?spelling) to bring up while lowering the TA.

Mona said:
I use skimmer socks 100%, it's the only way to get that fine dust. Living in the country there's dirt blowing all the time with the fields right there, gravel roads, etc... the filter will not get that really fine stuff. I probably use the same one all season. Rinse it every day or more often if it needs it. Always rinse before shutting the pump off.

Mona, what do you rinse your skimmer socks with? I have the white 'Basket Buddies' brand.

Very Clear w/ my goggles on, I can see the printed liner the whole way across under water. And there isn't anything "floating" like there was before!!!I am very pleased that I stuck w/ it, and was very diligent about keeping FC at 20 or above. So glad I don't have to deal w/ the pool store anymore!! And got the TA down to 130 today, will hammer away at it again on Monday. The kids love when I turn the "return eyeball" upward to areate!!
FC 7
CC 5 (less than)
PH 7.3
TA 130
CYA 50
CH240

Sasha said:
Very Clear w/ my goggles on, I can see the printed liner the whole way across under water. And there isn't anything "floating" like there was before!!!I am very pleased that I stuck w/ it, and was very diligent about keeping FC at 20 or above. So glad I don't have to deal w/ the pool store anymore!! And got the TA down to 130 today, will hammer away at it again on Monday. The kids love when I turn the "return eyeball" upward to areate!!
FC 7
CC 5 (less than)
PH 7.3
TA 130
CYA 50
CH240
Okay, that CC is a typo, right? It is really not 5, but .5, correct?

I also have a cloudy pool because I have been using Calcium Hypochlorite to chlorinate the pool due to high CYA levels already present. My sand filter does not do a good or quick job of filtering out the calcium component. I have gone over to liquid chlorine exclusively for the last two weeks and my pool is getting clearer, slowly. My sand filter starts with a reading of about 25 and rises to about 30 before backwashing. I am in the California water shortage so I cannot replace the water to reduce CYA. A 10 psi pressure sounds pretty low for a sand filter--is it running out of sand?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.