Help with a solar pool cover in Canada

Adamjs

Mar 22, 2022
Canada
Hi all.

we just finished construction of our inground pool (30X14 rectangle) here in Toronto and i'd like to purchase a solar cover either online or locally to prevent evaporation losses during the coming season. My plan is to cut the cover into 4 pieces ~7.5X14feet.

From research on the site I understand that my best approach is to look for something as thin as possible to make life easier. My question is are there any recommendations on covers or brands or even companies that sell options in Canada? I found some options online which have bubbles... Do i need bubbles given that i only plan to use the cover overnight to prevent evaporation losses?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all.

we just finished construction of our inground pool (30X14 rectangle) here in Toronto and i'd like to purchase a solar cover either online or locally to prevent evaporation losses during the coming season. My plan is to cut the cover into 4 pieces ~7.5X14feet.

From research on the site I understand that my best approach is to look for something as thin as possible to make life easier. My question is are there any recommendations on covers or brands or even companies that sell options in Canada? I found some options online which have bubbles... Do i need bubbles given that i only plan to use the cover overnight to prevent evaporation losses?

Thanks in advance!
Here is a good option, they have 32x16. Just cut it down. $139 is an decent (american) price.

Cut away, whatever works for you and fits.

8mil is perfect. I leave mine on when I'm not swimming, day or night. Helps with heat, also helps reduce pH rise if you leave on during the day when not in use, along with evaporation and temperature loss.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.