HELP!! Vinyl liner pulled away from shallow end wall

Jun 14, 2017
michigan
I have an 18x36 in-ground which we did not open last year. As I pull back the cover I found that the liner has pulled away from the shallow end wall and there is air between the wall and liner. (see photo) Will this stretch back? The liner is about 8 years old. Do I need to vacuum the air out as I fill it?

Any recommendations on what I need to do would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance....

20161101_163954.jpg

I can see a couple rings where the water level was. Did you pump out water to get down to this point or could there be a leak to worry about?

We have not pumped any water out. We have had a slow leak for years and would add water once a week or so. I believe it is in the bottom drain return line within a couple feet of the surface. I do not see any damage in the liner to where it is exposed. I have been told if I wait until a 80+ degree day that the liner should be pliable enough to go back into position.

I'd get behind that liner and suck out as much water as you can, either a sump pump or transfer pump with a hose tucked behing the liner to the pool floor. Then I'd start filling it, maybe 1-2 feet of water. If there were wrinkles, I'd tuck a shop vac behind the liner (after you've got most/all of the water out),, that should straighten the wrinkles out.
I struggled with mine this spring, and with only a few inches of water in it, I couldn't get the wrinkles out. I found if I had about 20" of water, it worked.

I'd get behind that liner and suck out as much water as you can, either a sump pump or transfer pump with a hose tucked behing the liner to the pool floor. Then I'd start filling it, maybe 1-2 feet of water. If there were wrinkles, I'd tuck a shop vac behind the liner (after you've got most/all of the water out),, that should straighten the wrinkles out.
I struggled with mine this spring, and with only a few inches of water in it, I couldn't get the wrinkles out. I found if I had about 20" of water, it worked.

Thanks for the reply. I dont have any water, only air behind the liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.