Help Troubleshooting Hayward Heater

May 26, 2011
Orange, TX
I have a Hayward H350 connect to a Jandy PDA Aqualink. I have no error codes and the display reads as it should (bo & standby as connected to Jandy). When switched to low speed or pump off the display changes to LO as it is supposed to do. When I turn the heater on I can hear the relay in the Aqualink box click. I have checked all 4 fuses on the Hayward control boards and none are blown, and I read voltage across all the fuses. However, I get nothing beyond that. What is the next troubleshooting step? If it is the transformer can I check that with a standard volt meter? I think the next step in the sequence if the blower should kick on, but obviously it is not coming on. I hated to stick the wires with the volt meter to test and leave small holes in the wires, as there are no open connections that I see to land the volt meter posts on.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks

I also followed the troubleshooting guide by checking low voltage fault, checking for defective transformer (disconnect P4 and measured 24v across pins 1 &2). Also checked low and high voltage output from Fuse board on P5 connector. All checked out okay.

O you hear the relay click and nothing changes on the display and the heater doesn't start up?

What I would do is eliminate the Aqualink system by taking the heater out of bypass mode. Now see if the heater works with the buttons on the front of it. If so, then you could have bad control wiring between the Aqualink and the heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.