Help, Switching from liquid chlorine to SWG

I never really thought about it overflowing unless I did it intentionally to push surface crud (pollen, dust…) over the spillway, into the pool and right to the nearby skimmer.
Here is a pic of it this evening. The pump is on. The water is just below the spillway but about 1/2” higher than the pool. You can see the white equalization tube in there as well.

C7CE6762-1AEF-4C4B-8879-F43BB51CC9E9.jpeg

Thank you very much! I feel a lot better about it now.
I went outside just now and gave the spa a tad more water on the return side and a tad less on the drain. It is slightly overflowing the spillway now. Not sure why I never had it doing that in the first place. Just one of those; “I’ve always done it this way” sort of things.
Today I placed the order for the RJ-60+ SWCG unit. 🙂

So the RJ60+ has been running for a couple days now. I also installed a VSP. I have the spa in a constant spillover now. The only time it doesn’t spillover is when the VSP is running at a speed below 1800 rpm. Anyway, you were correct. I sampled the spa water and the pool water just after the SWCG had completed one of its cycles. The spa was just 1 ppm higher than the pool. Within 30 minutes, they were equal again.
Now that I understand the cycle time of the generator, it makes sense. I’m at 25%. So it’s on for 45 minutes and off for 135 minutes. So as soon as it stops generating, it all mixes and evens out.
Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Saturn94
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.