Help - Recommendations for Pool Robotic Cleaner

hubbyz

Sep 2, 2014
Houston
I am a long-term pool robotic cleaner user, had been a loyal Dophine user for decades. However, I am not satisfied with my latest Dophine Triton, it only lasts for 1 year with light use. Then it can be powered on for about 5 seconds then power off. Sent for repair, worked for 1 month, then the same BS happened. I was surprised that Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus was still a top seller on Amazon and the price raised up from $600 something to $800 something now. WOW it must be the most valuable old-school technology robot ever. Really don't want to step back with a bigger price. There are some new Dophine over 1k, I don't think it is worth a try. Tried Aiper instead, the drive belt broke after two months. The good part is I can buy the drive belt to replace it, the bad thing is this particular part is not available now. So I really need to buy a new Pool Robotic Cleaner now, because I don't know when my last drive belt will break. I am open to any brands you have good experience with, please advise. Thank you in advance.

Hey Hubbyz 👋
Sorry u are having issues w/your dolphin. Sometimes there are duds with products. Before u purchase something else -
The triton has a 24month warranty. If u are still under that period you should send it back in / contact maytronics for repair/replacement. If it does the same thing/breaks in the same place over & over they should replace the bot or controller (whichever is the problem).
Also if u purchased it with a credit card 💳 many have extended warranty protection of an extra year after the manufacturer’s warranty expires. You would then make a claim w/ the credit card. Basically they replace it/$$ when you provide proof of purchase etc.
I have a dolphin nautilus cc (not plus) & it’s been lovely. Most here ❤️ Their dolphin 🐬
Maytronics is the leader in robot manufacturing for good reason so it’s likely that u just got a dud.
Just to be sure we’ve covered the basics - have u protected the controller (brain) from the weather (sun/rain)? Not doing so can lead to failures. They aren’t waterproof- just water resistant. & Electronics don’t last long when exposed to direct sun.

Hi Mdragger88,

Thank you for your reply. And here are some answers.

1. Yes The triton has a 24month warranty. But I thought it was 1 year so I let it sit in the garage for months. So when I called customer service the warranty expired several days. Luckily the maytronics offered me a one-time free repair and I paid one-way shipping to them. The diagnosis report returned to me stated it was caused by the motor, but they probably replaced a second hands motor so it died soon, only lasted 2 weeks after repair.

2. I use it only on sunny days and put a chair on it to make some shades. The controller is in the garage during summer days. So no direct sunshine to the controller all the time.

I still need some recommendations for a new robot, please advise. Any tips will be appreciated.

H,

Did your robot look like this one??

I ask because that is the newest style and I love them. That would be the style I'd recommend. I have two S200s and a Warrior. It will be the style I buy when one of mine dies.

Just want to make sure we are taking about the same style of robot.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yes, I mean this one exactly. See the purchase record on the left top. Guess I was another side of the coin...I still can't recommend this style to anyone. The big leaf basket doesn't make any sense to me.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 28
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.