Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi,

So I noticed my pool seems to be loosing a little bit of water, at the same time I constantly see water around/near the multi-port. how can I tell if this is the gasket? or if the actual thing is warped? I read thru some other posts on here with simialar issues. I also can't seem to find a parts list for the multi-port switch like what gasket goes where etc;

multi port valve.jpg

thank you I ended up finding the part list too somehow.

what should I start with replacing if its coming up out of the handle ?
I would say the gasket but if it’s really old replacing the whole thing may be simpler & give you some peace of mind. Also may be cheaper than buying multiple parts separately.

so I broke my foot at work... but my pool is still loosing water... how long realistically should it take to do these gaskets ? cause I am gonna have to suck it up put plastic over my boot and do it thins weekend

If you turn everything off first (valves) you shouldn’t get wet. As an avid boot wearer myself, I would still recommend a garbage bag over it (tuck it into the top) if you don’t have a spare inner foam you can swap out. Btw- if you’re gonna be in it a while it’s worth ordering a spare inner foam especially since its the summer.
Take a stool or something out there so you can sit & take your time, not rush.
Watch all the videos in advance to get your game plan then watch them as you go as well.
Your pool will be fine if you don’t get it all done in one day so long as you have adequate chlorine in the water. Dose with liquid chlorine a little above high target 🎯
FC/CYA Levels
in advance of turning off the pump. If you need to you can always add more later & brush it around. & run the robot- he’s a roving filter!

If you turn everything off first (valves) you shouldn’t get wet. As an avid boot wearer myself, I would still recommend a garbage bag over it (tuck it into the top) if you don’t have a spare inner foam you can swap out. Btw- if you’re gonna be in it a while it’s worth ordering a spare inner foam especially since its the summer.
Take a stool or something out there so you can sit & take your time, not rush.
Watch all the videos in advance to get your game plan then watch them as you go as well.
Your pool will be fine if you don’t get it all done in one day so long as you have adequate chlorine in the water. Dose with liquid chlorine a little above high target 🎯
FC/CYA Levels
in advance of turning off the pump. If you need to you can always add more later & brush it around. & run the robot- he’s a roving filter!
how do I drain down the multiport ? or does that just happen naturally when I shut my pump ? I didn't see any ports/drainplugs anywhere when looking around it the other day

how do I drain down the multiport ?
If this is a top mount MPV, it shouldn't be an issue. But if it's a side mount, you may want t drain some water out of the filter. Once you close all suction and pressure side valves on the equipment pad, open the filter drain valve at the bottom to lower water out of the filter a little bit.

Reactions: Mdragger88
got it apart , changed all the stuff got spider gasket back in , can't get pin back in, hopefully my wonderful neighbor will help me ou tin a few with that (thank god for having great neighbors)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
its still leaking out of there. I honestly think it's just the wear on the plastic over the years created uneven surface.

like it literally pushes water out of the dial portion of the multiport selector. I am going to just order the key cover handle assembly as seen in above post. hopefully that rectifies my situation.

so moral of the story here is it was 125 shipped for new key and handle assembly, it was like 100 shipped for the o rings, gaskets, spider gasket, spring, washers, etc to rebuild the old one. my advice just buy the whole assembly and call it a day.

I just ordered that hopefully it fixes my issue

swapped it out the old one was def leaking so lets hope that , that is where my water was going and problem is solved.

Reactions: Mdragger88
It very possibly could be leaking somewhere else. If I confirm it's still leaking , what is the next step ? on INYOPOOL I see a dye kits and stuff but not sure what I would have to do

is there a way to test if its like the main drain pipe vs the skimmer pipe by running the pool for a day with one off then the other off?

Right now I marked it in the skimmer and I'm gonna look at it tomorrow same time , fri same time , running pool as normal

Last edited:
well it lost like about an inch of water in 24 hours of time with the pump running 9 hours of it. I noticed that their is diff pattern liner on the wall near the skimmer I wonder if there was a previous repair there and it is leaking again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.