mistym

Jan 20, 2013
Hi,
I have a inground pool 18 x 36 with vinyl liner that is about 5 years old. We fill the pool up to the middle of the skimmer but the water level drops until it gets
to just about the bottom of the skimmer. There is still water in the skimmer basket and the water is above the jets and the Polaris line. The water level drops to this point
then it stops dropping. Any help would be appreciated. I have inspected the equipment and I do not see any leaks .

Hi,
I have a inground pool 18 x 36 with vinyl liner that is about 5 years old. We fill the pool up to the middle of the skimmer but the water level drops until it gets
to just about the bottom of the skimmer. There is still water in the skimmer basket and the water is above the jets and the Polaris line. The water level drops to this point
then it stops dropping. Any help would be appreciated. I have inspected the equipment and I do not see any leaks .
Fill the pool, use the product below (less messy than food coloring and makes the water very blue) to put a small amount near the skimmer throat or any other place you might suspect. It will look like blue smoke on the water (credit Deep Purple). Just a small squirt in front of any area or you won't get a good indication. If it is drawn into the skimmer, it may be a leak there, the gasket, or in the suction plumbing.
If you don't see anything, its time for a leak detection company.
1711323667110.png

Reactions: Mdragger88
Do you also have fiberglass steps? If so check all around those too at the level the water stopped.
Get a 20 or 30 ml medicine syringe to help you accurately squirt the dye/bluing in a controlled fashion. The pharmacy will have them behind the counter- no needle