HELP!!!!! Pool flooded :(

So how is it looking now? Is the dirt settling for you to vacuum?

You are doing all of the right things. SO sad that the purrfect water got so messed up BUT at least you have a good test kit and know what to do to get it looking great again!

Kim:cat:

Thankfully it is clearing up. I can see the deep end bottom now will be able to vacuum that end today.
I rinsed out the skimmer sock twice yesterday but just threw it away this morning.
It is picking up a lot of very fine sand. That's why the water was so cloudy and had a gray tint to it after I got the brown dirt and mulch off the bottom.

I did bump up the SWG slightly and with the pump running all night, my FC is a bit higher today.

So were you able to see why this happened? Do you need drains? A retaining wall? THIS is the major reason we do not and will not have an in ground pool. The water run off from the top of the property. :(

Kim:cat:

Our house is on a sloped lot.
The Pool is a good 10 feet lower than the driveway.
The deck IS tilted, but runoff water from the house makes it way down to the deck and it doesn't drain off fast enough in a heavy storm and runs into the pool.

The geniuses we bought the house from had dumped a LOT of mulch in areas around the pool....and it FLOATS.
I scooped a good 10 pounds of mulch out of the pool the other day.

SO....I am digging trenches, french drains, removing mulch to be replaced with gravel, building up some low spots, putting out some sandbags in the meantime (we have Flash Flood warnings TONIGHT!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.