Help! No suction from skimmer or flow from jets.

Sep 13, 2015
Hartford/CT
Little late to opening the pool this season, turned the pump on - runs fine no bubbles or air.. when it gets to the filter it’s at 0 psi and no return jets are working... help what’s going on?!? 1 regular skimmer and the second is a Venturi.. 3 return jets, returns in the spa are working. Please help!

Gettng a description and oics of your filter, pump, valves and equipment setup would let us help you more.

Right now it is just a guessing game.

My guess is a broken filter pressure gauge and valve in the wrong position considering you have flow out of your spa returns.

9787e2b9c3ab3f067d091437bd2c30e2.jpg
ffb892cbcc92b4f56bd3a242ffbada28.jpg
3e2578804f169570007932b9057383fa.jpg

Current setup - so lost

Your pool lines have nice silver labels on them but I can't read any of them.

See your annotated pics below. You have two valves that close off what I have labeled as 1 & 2 of your skimmer lines and two of your return lines labeled 5 & 6. Both those valves look like they are motorized Jandy valves controlled by your automation. I circled those two valves in the last pic.

Closer pics of those valves and the various labels may be helpful.

Is your automation in SPA mode?

I still think your filter pressure gauge is broken and needs to be replaced. Pressure Gauge Glycerin filled 2.5 Bottom Mount

gusta1.jpg

gusta2.jpg

gusta3.jpg

Your stuff is well labeled and your valves are in spa mode.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
3 return jets, returns in the spa are working. Please help!
When the spa jets are working, does the pressure gauge read any PSI? If not the gauge is bad. Tap the gauge and see if the needle moves.

If you want to run in pool mode, you need to change the valve actuators to pool mode via the controller.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.