Help! New liner not flush with cove

Sep 13, 2016
Waterville, ME
For starters, I live in Maine, and the closest I'm getting to warm temperatures are in the mid-60's for a couple of days; after that it's downhill for temperature. About 2/3 of my pool will get direct sun during differing parts of the day as the sun moves.

Ok — I have a 24' AGL pool (52" high) and had to replace the liner at the end of the season due to a significant tear. I tore the old liner out, leveled the sand, and added styrofoam coves. I got the liner installed, in the track, and everything. Filled up with probably 2" of water and got wrinkles out on the floor. However, in a significant amount of the pool, the bottom corners of the pool aren't close to the cove. When I've got direct sun on some sections, I'm able to push/stretch it to touch that styrofoam. But other parts, especially ones that are on the south side of the pool without direct sun rays, are what feels like substantially far from the cove. Probably by a couple inches.

What's the best way to deal with this? Are there tricks to getting this installed properly? I am using a shopvac, and that's awesome for the walls, but it's not pulling it much towards the cove.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.