Help needed for Pentair Home App and Intellichlor.

Mark McLeroy

Silver Supporter
Mar 31, 2022
New Rochelle, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Hi All:
I am having a strange issue with the new Pentair App. I just migrated to it from Intellicenter2 app when I opened this year (and I did get the e-mail invitation). When going into chemistry on the intellicenter2 app, I use to see the my Pool Body (named Oasis 2) and my spa body (named spa 2). I would be able to set the chlorine output anywhere from 0% to 100% on my pool body and 0% to 20% on my spa body (because it is a much smaller body). Now in the Pentair Home App, under chemistry, it is has a drop down box where I can sellect one of 3 choices (Oasis2 / Spa 2, Oasis 2, or Spa 2). If I choose Oasis 2 the Chlorine level selector appears in the Oasis 2 body, If I choose Spa 2, this the selector appears in the spa body, and if I choose Oasis 2 / Spa 2 then the selector appears in both bodies. Now here is the problem, The spa seems to work just fine, but when I try to adjust the levels in the pool body the maximum lever I can select of 20% (as if it is the Spa body). And to further complicate the matter, when I change the level output on the pool body if does NOT chage the level on the Intellichlor. If is like they are not linked. It is important to note that everything works fine if controlling from the intellicenter center directly. And oddly enough, if I set the output level of the pool body to let's say 70% and then go into the app, the output will show 70%. I am hoping I am missing something, because if the force "upgrade" caused me to lose remote access to the chlorine level control, then this $5,000 system just depreciated itself to almost nothing to me.
If anyone can offer any insight I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Mark McLeroy

Show me what your screen looks like.

Below is mine and my Pool slider goes to 100%.

I do not see the problems you are describing.

1714790558419.png

Show me what your screen looks like.

Below is mine and my Pool slider goes to 100%.

I do not see the problems you are describing.

View attachment 569985

Here are my Screens:
Dashboard (Notice the Chlorine Output level I set at the Intellicenter):
Screen 1.jpeg

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************
When I tap intellichlor output on Oasis 2:
Screen 2.PNG

**********************************************************************************************************************************************
**********************************************************************************************************************************************
When I tap edit on the Intellichlor screen:
Screen 3.PNG

**************************************************************************************************************************************************
**************************************************************************************************************************************************
The selection I get when I choose a Body (Notice the combination of the 2 bodies. What is the default. I never had that befoere. It was always either the Pool or the Spa, never a combo):

Screen 4.jpeg

Here are my Screens:
Dashboard (Notice the Chlorine Output level I set at the Intellicenter):
View attachment 570131

When I tap intellichlor output on Oasis 2:
View attachment 570132

When I tap edit on the Intellichlor screen:
View attachment 570133

The selection I get when I choose a Body (Notice the combination of the 2 bodies. What is the default. I never had that befoere. It was always either the Pool or the Spa, never a combo):

View attachment 570136
By the way, I forgot to mention that I am running Intellicenter firmware 1.064. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?? I have been leary of upgrading to 2.017.

I am running 2.017.

Look at my screen post above.

I showed Pool/Spa and it displayed sliders for both Pool and Spa.

I don’t make much use of the phone app and never paid attention to the finer details of the old UI or this new Pentair Home UI.

I have an Indoor Control Panel and use the IntelliCenter2 web app for programming.

Something is buggy in your setup. I suggest you call Pentair Support and open a Trouble Ticket then escalate it as necessary to talk to someone on the IntelliCenter Support team.

I am running 2.017.

Look at my screen post above.

I showed Pool/Spa and it displayed sliders for both Pool and Spa.

I don’t make much use of the phone app and never paid attention to the finer details of the old UI or this new Pentair Home UI.

I have an Indoor Control Panel and use the IntelliCenter2 web app for programming.

Something is buggy in your setup. I suggest you call Pentair Support and open a Trouble Ticket then escalate it as necessary to talk to someone on the IntelliCenter Support team.
Before I call Pentair (which I dred doing), I am going to update the firmware to 2.017 to see if that makes any difference. Also, am I correct in thinking that Pentair discontinued the Intellicenter2 web app. When I go to the URL, I just get a blank blue screen. I will let you know if 2.017 resolves the issue.

I can still login to IntelliCenter2 web although I have seen the blue screen a few times. I think the Pentair server has had problems recently.

I can still login to IntelliCenter2 web although I have seen the blue screen a few times. I think the Pentair server has had problems recently.
ajw22, Pentair is driving me crazy. I just went to thier site and Version 1.064 is the lasted version availble for download. Am I missing something???

ajw22, Pentair is driving me crazy. I just went to thier site and Version 1.064 is the lasted version availble for download. Am I missing something???
Disregard the previous post. I found a direct link that worked. I am concerned that pentair took it off their site. Let's see what happens.........

Disregard the previous post. I found a direct link that worked. I am concerned that pentair took it off their site. Let's see what happens.........
Rollback is easy if it does not work for you.

The other thing you can do is totally clear the system and redo the configuration if you feel you can work through the setup.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Rollback is easy if it does not work for you.

The other thing you can do is totally clear the system and redo the configuration if you feel you can work through the setup.
Well, 2.017 did not correct the issue. I have reconfigured the system from scratch in the past when I had my lightning strike, but I had access to the Intellicenter2 web app at the time. Doing the reconfiguration directly from the panel seems like a tedious and daunting task....... Plus I would have to refresh my memory on all the procedures. :(

Since the system works properly from the OCP it points to a translation problem in the Pentair server or the Hone app. The Home app is new to the IntelliCenter and I am not surprised it is buggy.

I have kept my system as vanilla as possible. You did some things with your Oasis naming while I left it as Pool and Spa. I haven’t asked for details of what you customized but I think you did something the Home app developers did not anticipate. Pentair has had many of these disconnects with their software development approach.

Since the system works properly from the OCP it points to a translation problem in the Pentair server or the Hone app. The Home app is new to the IntelliCenter and I am not surprised it is buggy.

I have kept my system as vanilla as possible. You did some things with your Oasis naming while I left it as Pool and Spa. I haven’t asked for details of what you customized but I think you did something the Home app developers did not anticipate. Pentair has had many of these disconnects with their software development approach.
Ok. I hope you don't mind, but I am continuing to post as I learn new things to help anyone else who might have a similar issue now or in the future.
1st, I went back to firmware 1.064. My reasoning was that if 2.017 did not fix the issue, no need to keep something that might have other issues I didn't have before.
I figured out what the Body drop down box in the Chemistry screen does. I went to my Intellicenter panel to adjust the chlorine output to the pool and I noticed that the controls for chlorine output to the Spa was there, but the Pool controls were GONE. It was at this point I started hyper-ventilating. :laughblue:
Turns out that if you choose Pool in the drop down box only the chlorine output controls for the pool will show. If you choose Spa, then only the chlorine output controls for the Spa will show. And you you choose Pool / Spa then both controls show. I don't see the logic of giving the user the ability to remove a control but maybe Pentair sees something I don't.

ajw22, You are a fricking genius! I changed the body names of the pool and spa back to the default (Pool and Spa) and my Chlorine Control on the pool works and can be set all the way up to 100% with the slider indicating that as well.
Also, I tried to log into the intellicenter2 web app again, and again I got just a blue screen. Then I got distracted and was called away from my computer for about an hour leaving it on the blank blue screen. When I returned, the login screen was on the computer and I was able to login and use the web app as normal. Now the login box comes right up when I go the the web client login screen. All in all a great day!!
Thanks again ajw22. Now what do you know about transmissions??? :laughblue::laughblue::laughblue:

Reactions: .ben