Help - Need to Slam, want to make sure I understand everything

Still getting better (can see a cloudy 3rd step now).

Frustrating though during the day. I was at 2.5 somehow after adding 2 gallons to a 21.5 FC pool....boggled my mind.

I was 16 this morning and added 2 gallons, so I'll see where I'm at. Also added enough stabilizer for 20 into a sock, so hoping that may bring down my daytime consumption.

The last part is the hardest because you are tired of testing, buying bleach, adding bleach, testing, buying .........repeat.

It will happen and you will never look back!

Kim

Yeah...sucks, but just have to keep it up. I think the daytime consumption will go down more too as I can keep the levels lower, but have to get the water clear first....

Seems so crazy that I can consume so much over a morning and not as much overnight....but i guess during a Slam the daytime sun will love all that extra chlorine.

Well, any news?

Seems to be using less chlorine, I've been checking over the weekend and will re-check CYA early next week sometime (a week-ish after adding 20 more)

Slowly getting filtered out, just slow. Feel better that it's not using as much chlorine though, saves me money lol

May try and stop at a pool store to get some cheap (hopefully) DE to try adding (since I have sand filter), read on here that it could help filter the water faster....otherwise it'll just take time, right?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, some DE will filter finer. On a microscopic scale, it's like setting window screen atop chicken wire. So if you do add some DE, stick around and monitor the pressure because it can climb pretty fast with a pool as cloudy as yours. When pressure rises 25%, backwash and add DE again.

Anything you can do to improve circulation down low will also help. Open the main drain if you have one. Aim the returns down at the deep end.

Yes, some DE will filter finer. On a microscopic scale, it's like setting window screen atop chicken wire. So if you do add some DE, stick around and monitor the pressure because it can climb pretty fast with a pool as cloudy as yours. When pressure rises 25%, backwash and add DE again.

Anything you can do to improve circulation down low will also help. Open the main drain if you have one. Aim the returns down at the deep end.

Thanks...in theory it wouldn't damage anything with the higher pressure, just not suck in as much water, right? I obviously will pay attention and whatnot if I add it tonight, but I do sleep and work lol

I know I'd add 1/3 cup and see how pressure rises and go slowly from the articles on here....More I'd just like to know ahead of time if I can do serious damage :)

I started with 1/4 cup and made sure to be where I could check on it often.

Kim

Thanks...like if I add it tonight and check a couple times over the evening can I let it go overnight? or could that cause problems? I could just add it and let it go for a few hours then backwash to be safe....

Don't want to cause problems or break my filter, but hoping this'll help clear up the water faster

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.