Help need to know if I am on right track or lost?????????

You mods are quick, I almost posted to the new thread! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Good morning!!!

FC thats fine since you have no CYA, but keep an eye on those CC, at .5 anything above it you should shock again.... Did you ever change out your sand after the conversion was done? You may need to do that. There could be traces of the baq goo in there....causing the cc's to register.

Yes, you added CYA on Monday. But I recommended that you add half the recommended dose (I didn't want you to overhsoot) and then you immediately backwashed because of your pressure issue... So it may not have had a chance to dissolve, you probably have less than 10 or 20. YOu are going to have to repeat the process. Hang another 20 oz in a sock in front of your return. Try not to backwash for a week. (Wait to do this till after you change out the sand).

Keep adding your Chlorine daily to maintain the 2, minimum.

I agree with Jason, this sounds like a dropper tip issue on the TA, so try wiping the tip with a damp cloth before doing the test, or swap out the tip with another reagent bottle, rinsing between uses.

This is all okay, your water is clear, right? You still seem overwhelmed but all is good here....your getting a handle on this, no worries! :goodjob: :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.