Help me pick out a pool for this summer

Got my Betta in. Sadly they shipped me a original model not the SE that I ordered.

I ordered it as "used" or whatever from the official seller for $265 and the SE is now $328. I'm hoping they swap them out, otherwise I have to decide if I want to bother keeping it, return it and get the SE, or give up. IDK.

The pool is staying nearly spotless with the new pump so I dunno if this is just a light week for debris or I don't really need a skimmer after all. Kinda of a pickle.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I suspect you’d probably get by just fine with an add on intex skimmer and save some coin there over a robotic type. You could always easily disconnect it if you worry it might get overwhelmed while you’re away on vacation or something.
I had one years ago and the only issue I had was it floating sometimes. I didn’t ever think to weigh it down with a rock to prevent this as many suggest here. I also had an easy set with a blow up ring so it simply wasn’t as secure as it would be on a pool with a frame.
I’d buy a robotic vac before a robotic skimmer but that’s just me.

Okay I figured out the Betta situation. I was confused on their product line. It's actually kind of confusing, but it looks like the products are:
betta (not sure this exists in the wild at all)
betta 2
betta se
betta se+

I have the SE. the SE+ appears to be the most recent model, the one with the salt tolerant motors and external charging capability. I'm not running salt, but the design of the salt tolerant motors would be appreciated. Oh well, I'm gonna happily live with what I got. Actually my pool is entirely spotless so far, so I guess so far you can call me a satisfied customer.

Betta folks need to come up with a more coherent product terminology, however.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Screen Shot 2024-05-17 at 9.07.14 AM.png

So I was tinkering with this calculator and it says my LSI is bad with my current specs.

Mostly it seems like I want to roughly double my ALK.

But this flies in the face of the TFP recommendations.

I know since this isn't a plaster pool LSI is less of an issue but apparently it can bleach the vinyl liner if it's way off?

Thoughts? Should I double my ALK?

Its fine. Doubling your ta will have you struggling to manage ph.
Csi comes in @ -0.33 which is fine for a vinyl pool.
If you’re worried about it add a scootch more ch (like 50ppm) to increase your csi/lsi but it is really not necessary & depending upon your fill water this may increase with time anyway as you replace water lost to evaporation.
A tfp pool can be a little boring so I understand feeling the need to tinker but its really not needed in this case.

Reactions: bkp22

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Reactions: bkp22