Help ID'ing Skimmer

Sep 7, 2021
Glendora, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Bought new house with an old pool. Pool has one skimmer, which resembles an old style Anthony skimmer; however, the diverter adjustment appears backwards when compared to others' on this forum. There appears to a be a rubber/metal plug at the bottom, completely blocking the main drain (please see the photo). As a result, all the suction to the pump, which is through a pipe above and perpendicular to that main drain plug, is via the skimmer. I'd like to be able to adjust the main drain suction so that it does not cause my suction cleaner hose to collapse and to improve water circulation. First, can anyone confirm that this is an Anthony skimmer? If so, can I remove that rubber/metal plug and purchase a diverter? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Attachments

• skimmer.jpg
    skimmer.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 6
Bought new house with an old pool. Pool has one skimmer, which resembles an old style Anthony skimmer; however, the diverter adjustment appears backwards when compared to others' on this forum. There appears to a be a rubber/metal plug at the bottom, completely blocking the main drain (please see the photo). As a result, all the suction to the pump, which is through a pipe above and perpendicular to that main drain plug, is via the skimmer. I'd like to be able to adjust the main drain suction so that it does not cause my suction cleaner hose to collapse and to improve water circulation. First, can anyone confirm that this is an Anthony skimmer? If so, can I remove that rubber/metal plug and purchase a diverter? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Appears to be missing this part:

I think that you have a Pentair Admiral S20 skimmer.

American was the original maker of the Admiral skimmer.

Pentair acquired PacFab which previously acquired American, so now it's a Pentair product.

The adaptor is called variflo.

Note: Pentair acquired PacFab which had previously acquired Purex Pool Products and American Products.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.