Help ID Freeze sensor

EAnton

Jan 31, 2016
Coppell, TX
Can anyone indentify this freezer protector circa '94, in Dallas, TX or recommend a compatible replacement? The front panel has long since faded away. It is attached to my analog intermatic timer box.
One night during this freeze it began buzzing loudly and the lights in the house began to flicker. I was about to disconnect it but it went back to normal after a couple of power resets to the pad. Thanks!

IMG_20221226_142413420_HDR~2.jpg

E,

I have no idea what brand it is.. But maybe @1poolman1 knows.

The freeze protector on the left, senses the air temperature and when it gets to where you have the knob set, it turns on the relay/contactor that you see on the right.

Most likely the relay contacts are dirty. You might be able to file or sand them down, so they make a better connection.

Obviously, this can't be done with the power on.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: EAnton
E,

I have no idea what brand it is.. But maybe @1poolman1 knows.

The freeze protector on the left, senses the air temperature and when it gets to where you have the knob set, it turns on the relay/contactor that you see on the right.

Most likely the relay contacts are dirty. You might be able to file or sand them down, so they make a better connection.

Obviously, this can't be done with the power on.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks, that makes sense. The armature slides okay when I push on it, maybe it jammed the other night. I'll give it a good cleaning and see if I can get some more time out of it since the replacements others have shared (thanks!) look like they need much larger housings (putting new holes in the brick gives me anxiety 😬)

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.