Help ! i think i put to much bleach in my pool ?

If your current CYA level is 150 the only way to get ahead of the water is to drain the pool and add fresh water. At that level you will never add enough chlorine to get ahead of algae. I know it sounds ruff....but keeping this number between 30 and 50 is the first step to taking control of your pool.

only other option, which may not be available where you live, is reverse osmosis treatment to your pool. And plan on a minimum of $300 for that.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

Checked the water this morning , test strip looks about the same , i can see the bottom of the pool , water has cleared up some,

What if we vac the pool , Drain about half the water, refill ?

*** is this pool safe to swim in ?

Follow the advice given above and you'll be surprised how inexpensive maintaining your pool will be. You're going to have to spend a little because of the shape it's in right now but once you're over that it will be a lot easier and cheaper to keep it in good shape.

Given the amount of CYA you have, the FC is probably safe to swim in but without good numbers I hesitate to recommend that.

If you can take a sample to the pool store and have it tested that would provide a little verification.

You really need to get a good test kit.

Personally, I wouldn't trust the results from the test strips, especially not the CYA reading. Please, please get yourself a proper test kit, either the TFTestkits TF-100 or the Taylor K-2006. Otherwise, your good situation could turn bad due to improper readings. Your own good test kit is a key to taking charge of your pool. Wait, I just noticed this post where you say you are going to get a proper kit -- you won't regret it.

hey wetone i am also from south western ohio...Middletown to be exact if you are close enough and need any help i could possibly come and give you a hand on that pool, by the way menards in bridgewater falls has 96 oz of 6% bleach for 99 cents....let me know if i can help.....Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.