Help, I am through with the swimming pool store "pros"

Dave my CYA is actually 30, I tried to edit that number above and maybe it didn't go thru so from reading my SLAM will be 12, my FC right now is at 3 so I should add 275 oz of bleach if my calculations are correct so thats like 2 1/2 gal bleach, do I understand this correctly?
Looks about right. You can just use the full three bottles (8.25% bleach comes in 121oz bottle, not gallon bottles) to start it off. Test and adjust as often as possible, but give at least an hour between tests.

Alright, up and going, pool looks really clear this morning, I have algae to vacuum up so I will get to that asap, my numbers....
FC 8, so adding a whole jug of bleach should bring this to 12
CC 1

so do I keep going with this every couple of hours today and what am I looking for as a ending point to the SLAM?

Well, here are the three creiteria to be met:

• CC is 0.5 or lower;
  • You pass an OCLT (ie overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less);
  • The water is clear. Clear water includes not seeing any live/dead algae, not jsut clear to see through.

When all three are true, you are done SLAMing and can allow the FC to drift down to normal levels.

There is really no way to predict how long it will take. Each SLAM is different. The more often you can check and bring FC up to SLAM level, the quicker the process. Just keep at it. It will be worth it when you have that sparkly, clear pool. Sometimes I just go out and look at mine to admire my hard work [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now THAT looks like a clean pool!

I am truly amazed when I swim in mine just how much clearer the water looks now that I don't put any pool store crapola in it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.