Help-green to clear treatment

Well there is one thing you can do, scoop as much stuff out of the pool as possible using a pool rake (hoop thing that goes on the end of your pole)

standard-leaf-rake.jpg

I dumped $165 worth of chemicals in my pool from Leslie, and it made it worse. I bit the bullet and spent the money on the TF-100 test kit with XL option, and began my SLAM. 8 days later, I have a sparkling blue pool! Here is my thread with before/after pics:

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/117352-Cannot-get-FC-level-to-rise-in-green-pool

Wow, your before and after pic is quite the change. Yet we see it time and again so its always nice to see the pics! Good job!

I just looked at the webpage for that snake oil product- Do you think I would trust this to work if they can't even spell on their FAQ?
Just reading the FAQ was laughable for its claims. What a crock.

What snake oil product are you taking about? The Product that i asked about is bag you put in your pool and a buddy at work has been using it for 2 months now and his pool is great, not for clean up but to keep it maintained, they just use 2 chlorine tables for a 20k gallon pool and this product and its been great. The site seems down at the moment, just wanted to see if its something people use on here or not. just was curious is all.

anyways im going to get to work on the Slam process once i get that test kit in the mean time im going to read read read and hope i can figure it out correct. As for Facebook i was hoping for something more directly then this form i do see private messages so maybe one can help me if i get in a jam. Thanks again for all your help and im listening!

No sweat 49ers fan. Rest-assured once you get that trusty kit in your hands, the clouds will open-up and you'll see numbers/results that put everything into perspective. It did for me and most everyone else here. Once you do that, you'll kick yourself wondering why you waited so long. Much like using the same old set of pliers around the house until one day you finally break-down and get a new tool. Then you say ... "Why did I wait so long!" That was me. :grin:

We'll help you though this. We just need to good test results. Until then, start shopping around for the best prices in bleach or chlorine suppliers in your area. Oh ... and as you already noted ... read, read, read. Have a nice afternoon.

one other thing what is the difference in the TF-100 test kit vs others? its just this testing kit is 85 bucks with the xl feature and other testing kits are 20 bucks or less. just want some background on this testing kit sorry if im posting it in the wrong place but it has to do with my swamp of a pool.

The TF-100 contains a particular type of chlorine test that tests exactly (not a range answer, like a lot do, but rather an exact amount of chlorine) and only two kits that we know about have this. The Taylor's K-2006 and the TF-100. The XL version has more of the test reagents you'll need when a pool is sick. It also tests chlorine as high as 50ppm, which is important when someone needs doses higher than 5 or 10 ppm.

It is worth EVERY penny, and will save you more than its cost in the end. I promise.

Pool School - Test Kits Compared

That is a question like asking about a Harbor Freight $3 multimeter that they sometimes give away for free with a $20 purchase vs a $300 Fluke brand professional meter

For detailed answer read pool school in particular Pool School - Test Kits Compared Even here though the comparison does not include the cheap no name $9 test kits.

p.s. the TF-50 is really designed for those people that already have a basic test kit and are likely using a small above ground seasonal pool where it is more economical to dump and replace water vs clearing it up.

Ike

p.s. please update your location with a state / country, knowing where you are helps us give better advice since we can have a better idea about local climate and conditions

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
image.jpg
Well the pool is now clear. After two weeks with a second smaller filter that is more fine and keeping chlorine high then adding natures pool filter (i know some may laugh but it worked and got the cloudness out) the water is now clear. Levels need work, some spots need scrubbing but its clear!

I am working on a green pool too (and not far from where you live!). I bought two of the nature's pool filters. They have been in my pool for almost a week now. Have not noticed any difference at all. I started my slam today (would have been last week buy Lowe's ran out of chlorine when I went)

I am not sure what the levels of your pool was when you added the natures pool filter, but i got mine to almost cloudy but it was still green when i added them. Chlorine was also added. I also had a second pump with a finer filter for almost two weeks. it was a long and slow process, i was brushing down the pool at least 3 times a day as well.

The key is to keep the chlorine levels high and keep the pump running 24/7 until it clears. Thats what worked for me

Congratulations on getting your pool cleared up, but I would bet all the water in my pool that it was the elevated levels of chlorine and filtration that got you there, NOT nature's pool filter. Do you have a current set of RELAIABLE test numbers to help determine if you pool is truly clean?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.