Help for new pool owner

Not yet. I retested the cya it's 50 I'll retest the fc tomorrow. Still need to get the cya tomorrow. The pool stores closed before I could get there. I'm planing on going tomorrow. And since my hubby turned the heatpump up today and my pool water is a little low, I will add water tomorrow. He likes the pool water like bath water lol. And of course the little one where here he had an excuse.

LOL the littles are good for so many things! LOVE IT!

You can get CYA at Walmart or Lowes as well. It is cheaper there.

You are doing a great job! It is a lot to take in but after a while you will be able to tell what your pool needs before you even test. I still test to make sure but...........LOL

Keep a good log of your tests and weather conditions. That will help you the most long term.

Kim

Ok, you're doing great. Don't worry about testing the calcium again for a while- it won't be changing unless you change some water.
How are the other levels- TA? FC? CC?
How does the water look?
Did you get the CYA in there yet?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
As for the cya I read somewhere that you can mix it with water and leave it overnight til it dissolves. Is this a good idea. I have a dark pool finish.

- - - Updated - - -

One more thing my saltwater generator is set at 20 percent. It's an Aqua pure by Jandy

Best bet for adding CYA is to put it into a sock or nylon, tie off the end and either drop it in your skimmer basket or hang it with rope in front of a return in the flow of water. Squeeze the sock periodically to help it dissolve, pump running 24/7 until dissolved.

As to your comment about your SWG being set at 20% --> If when you test you have enough FC, then that's your number. When the time comes and your FC is a bit lower than you want you just need to either up the percentage or up the pump run time until your FC is where you want it.

Running the pump (and SWG) at 100% for 5 hours gives you the same chlorine production as running the pump (and SWG) at 50% for 10 hours. Its something that you might have to tweak through the swim season.

PB told me to run the pump all day. It's running 24/7 right now. When I get home I'll check the timer. I know is running some on the lower speed and some on the higher speed.
Is your PB paying your electric bill? Then you could run 24/7. Otherwise 4-6 hours a day is where I would start and adjust SWG output accordingly.

sent from mobile. beware of brevity and spelling errors.

That's the thing this is our first pool. I know when it's first built it needs to run all day but I think we should be to the point were that isn't necessary run it all day any longer. I'm so thankful for all the help everyone is giving me. I wonder how many others are getting told the same things.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.